Thursday, July 24, 2008

Celebrating 45...

Today is my 45th birthday...Yea me! It has become common, almost customary, in our society to detest our birthday once we reach a "certain age" of maturity. Some shudder at the mention of age, and quickly change the subject or move to negative comments about gravity, wrinkles, "it ain't what it used to be", and regret for youth gone by. And although I have never been one to obsess over age or hide my age, our society has established long held beliefs about aging being a bad thing, particularly for women.

Knowing that our thoughts create our reality, and now even having scientific evidence to prove the effect of thoughts on matter, it is no surprise that as we age, we do begin to look and feel tired and worn. We see ourselves as less than we used to be, instead of more than we have ever been. Consequently, we get a product that is less than what it used to be...our thoughts produce our reality.

A year and a half ago, when I had a suddenly accelerated spiritual transformation, complete with a "life-before-my-eyes" experience where I touched the Divine momentarily and was left forever changed, I moved into a place of gratitude and one in which I saw my perfection rather than my flaws....my inner perfection as well as my outer perfection. I began to look in the mirror and see light and goodness, rather than glaring imperfections. Touching God will do that to you - because God only sees our goodness, and when we are called up to him, he points it out with emphatic clarity. I believe that anyone who has truly touched God will have joy about them, and no matter what hardships set them back momentarily, will quickly rebound with that spirit and joy. Looking at those around me, it is obvious that many of us are woefully disconnected from that Source of love and light, often the most disconnected are those who think they are living in God's way, yet their heavy energy belies their pretense.

Since that life altering moment, the changes within my soul have been remarkable, with each step of acceptance and celebration of myself bringing new and powerful gifts that I still find hard to believe. The changes in my physical self have been noticeable as well. I immediately transformed my thoughts to love and acceptance, and my body transformed in the process. Almost effortlessly, I had energy to exercise regularly, the desire to eat more healthfully, and a glow over me that was noticeable to all around me. Pains and health issues began to dissolve away. It is that one step of acceptance and loving ourselves, knowing that we are loved unconditionally just as we are, that can transform us both inside and outside, that allows us to come into our own magnificence and finally be all that we came here to be.

If there is one thing that you can do for your body's health and your soul's evolution, it is to move to a space of self love...have your own "Yea me!" moments. That is a very hard step for many of us, because we have been conditioned to think that this is conceited or arrogant, yet if we do not love ourselves, we are not loving and appreciating the gifts that have been bestowed upon us. Look in your mirror and find one thing that you love about your appearance, declare it outloud, believe it. Once you get comfortable doing this, find another thing, and then another. When you have moments where you feel pulled back into that negative image, as we all do, keep finding the things to celebrate. See and accept your outer goodness as well as your inner goodness.

Then expect a transformation that will make you blossom before your own eyes. Expect others to see you in a new and brighter light and gain from the shining reflection that you exude. Expect yourself to begin to see others with new eyes, to see their perfection. Expect miracles from your change in perception. I assure you that miracles will be there in abundance.

1 comment:

Dana Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Sherri! Yea you! I hope you have a wonderful day and a year filled with light, love and innumerable blessings.